The VAN BUREN BOARD OF EDUCATION is now accepting applications for the purpose of appointing a new member to the school board. A current member has resigned, necessitating an appointment for a period to begin no later than January 21, 2021, and ending December 31, 2023.
In order to hold a seat on the board, you must be:
- a U.S. citizen, at least 18 years old,
- a resident of the state for at least 30 days preceding the appointment/election,
- a resident of the school district for at least 30 days preceding the appointment/election,
- registered to vote in the school district for at least 30 days preceding the appointment/election.
General expectations of a board member include, but are not limited to the following:
- Attend monthly meetings, the third Thursday of each month at 7:00 PM Attend periodic special meetings, usually called for financial or time-sensitive items
- Willingness to serve for the good of the entire district without a personal agenda
- Willingness to learn the business of the school with respect to finances, policies, and procedures.
Anyone interested in applying for this position should send a letter explaining the basis of interest and a resume to:
Mike Leifheit, Board President
c/o Van Buren Local Schools
217 S. Main Street, Van Buren OH 45889
Resumes must be received in the school office by 3:00 P.M. on Wednesday, January 6, 2021. Interviews will be scheduled for the week of January 11, 2021.
For further information, please contact Mike Leifheit, Board President at email@example.com, any current board member, or go to www.ohioschoolboards.org for more information on being a school board member.